Storm Damage Lawyer Serving Southeast and Southwest Florida
Floridians are no strangers to property damage from fierce storms. When winds, hail, and hurricanes unleash their wrath, homeowners question whether their property insurance will cover the damages left in the storm’s wake. With over a decade of experience representing your friends and neighbors, a storm damage lawyer at the law firm of EC Law Counsel is here to help file your claim and see it through to the end! Call us today at 954-861-0833, and put your worries to rest.
We Can Help Determine What Type of Storm Damage Your Policy Covers
Home property insurance policies differ. To help you determine what your policy covers, one of our insurance claim lawyers will review your policy with you. The legalese might be confusing, but we have years of experience reading insurance policies to sort out what’s covered, and we’ll be with you every step of the way.
Most homeowners’ policies cover property damage resulting from the following types of storms:
- Wind damage
- Hurricane damage
- Hailstorm damage
- Lightening and fire damage
If you need to file a claim with your property insurance company, or if your insurer denied your claim for damages, our experienced insurance claims attorneys at EC Law Counsel can help.
Benefits of Having a Lawyer File Your Claim
There are several advantages to engaging our insurance claims lawyers before filing your claim. One of our insurance claim attorneys will handle the claims process for you, including the following:
- Policy review to confirm coverage
- Investigate your damages
- Seek professional estimates from storm damage restoration companies
- File your insurance claim on time
- Negotiate with your insurer
After experiencing damage to your home from a storm, the last thing you need to worry about is arguing with your insurer. Instead, allow an experienced storm damage lawyer at EC Law Counsel to guide you through the process.
Insurance Companies May Deny Claims, But You Can Fight back
If your insurer denied your storm damage claim, we could help. First, our damage claims lawyers will review your case to see if your insurer is acting in bad faith.
There are several reasons insurance companies deny a claim, particularly storm damage claims, including failure to pay your premiums, a delay in filing the claim, or insufficient proof that the storm caused the damage.
However, insurance companies may wrongfully deny claims for several reasons:
- Lack of Coverage: Your insurer may improperly conclude that your policy excludes coverage for the damage you suffered. If the insurance company believes that the damage was caused by a type of damage that is excluded from the policy, they may deny the claim.
- Wear and Tear: Your insurer may decide that you failed to maintain your home properly and that the damage resulted from your negligence, not storm damage.
- Pre-Existing: Your insurance company may improperly conclude that the damage you claim was caused by the storm, existed prior to the storm event.
- Low-ball offers: Insurance companies may offer low-ball settlements, which are lower than the actual value of the claim. If the policyholder accepts the settlement, they may be forfeiting their right to pursue additional compensation.
Contact an Insurance Attorney at EC Law Counsel
EC Law Counsel has represented clients in southeast and southwest Florida in insurance claims for more than a decade. We will fight to protect your interests, not the insurance company’s. Call us at 954-861-0833, and speak to an experienced storm damage lawyer today.