South Florida Appliance Leak Lawyer

Many Floridians experience water damage in their homes every year from appliance leaks, such as washing machine, dishwasher or refrigerator. If you’ve recently had a leak in your home, let our lawyers review your insurance policy to determine whether damages to your home or business qualify for coverage from your insurance company.

For help with your claim, contact us at EC Law Counsel for an appointment with an appliance leak lawyer. We can help you review your policy and submit the correct evidence for your claim with your insurance company. Call us today at 954-861-0833.

Does My Insurance Policy Cover Water Damage from Appliance Leaks?

Generally, standard homeowners’ insurance policies do cover water damage caused by appliance leaks, as long as the leak is sudden and accidental. This means that if your washing machine, dishwasher, water heater, or refrigerator suddenly springs a leak, causing water damage to your home, your insurance policy should cover the cost of repairs.

A clogged feeder or drain line can cause pressure to build up until the hose splits, spilling water all over your floors. The seal around a dishwasher or front-loading washer could fail, a water supply line connection could fail, or a water heater might rupture or burst.

Do I File My Claim Under My Homeowner’s Policy or Flood Insurance Policy?

Appliance leak claims should be filed under your Homeowner’s Policy.
Flood insurance covers damage from rising water due to flood events . Many homeowners must purchase additional flood insurance in Florida because of the prevalence of flooding across the state. No matter where you are in Florida, the beach is never more than 60 miles away. Large storm surges can push floodwaters miles inland as storms make landfall or skirt up the coast. Thus, damages that stem from an appliance leak are not covered by your flood policy.

Typically, most homeowner’s insurance policies cover water damage caused by sudden and accidental events, such as burst pipes or appliance leaks. However, coverage may vary based on the cause of the leak, the extent of the damage, and any policy exclusions or limitations. An appliance leak lawyer with our firm at EC Law Counsel can help you file the appropriate claim forms and evidence under your homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policy.

Your homeowner’s or renter’s insurance should cover:

  • The cost of repairs for damages caused by the appliance leak, such as floors, drywalls, or cabinets
  • The cost of replacement of personal property such as furniture, toys, clothes, etc.
  • Mold and mildew remediation
  • Labor costs for new appliance installation and remediation

What Should I Do if I Have an Appliance Leak?

Most people don’t know what to do when they see water pouring out from under an appliance and spreading across their floors. When you see this, follow these steps:

  • Take a video of the leak in action
  • Turn off the machine to prevent more water from leaking
  • Mop up any water you can reach
  • Move any damaged personal property and keep it away from undamaged property
  • Document any other evidence of damage with photos and receipts for lost property
  • Contact us for assistance in filing your claim

Contact an Appliance Leak Lawyer Serving Southeast and Southwest Florida

When you need to file a claim for water damage to your home, contact an appliance leak lawyer with our insurance claim law firm. We proudly serve southeast and southwest Florida. Call us at EC Law Counsel at 954-861-0833 to schedule an appointment.