Seasoned Tornado Damage Lawyer Serving Southeast and Southwest Florida
With an average of 60 tornadoes per year, Florida is the fourth most tornado-prone state. A tornado can cause devastating property damage and leave you with overwhelming repair costs.
If your home suffered in a tornado, our attorneys can help you recover compensation through an insurance claim. Call EC Law Counsel at (954) 861-0833 to get a free initial case assessment by an experienced tornado damage lawyer in Southeast and Southwest Florida.
Does Homeowners Insurance Cover Tornadoes?
If your homeowners insurance coverage includes wind damage, it should cover tornadoes as well. Following a tornado, your insurer may pay for:
- Damage to your home and outbuildings
- Damage or losses of eligible personal property
- Relocation costs in case you need to live in a hotel or a rented apartment during repairs
The upper limit of coverage for tornadoes and other natural disasters depends on your specific policy. Most homeowners will also need to pay a deductible, which is an amount you are responsible for as part of your settlement.
Keep in mind that standard homeowner’s insurance doesn’t include flood damage, which may occur simultaneously with a tornado. Our knowledgeable tornado damage claim lawyer can help you understand your coverage and potential claim value.
What To Do After a Tornado
If you have experienced a tornado, it is essential to prioritize your safety and the safety of others.
As soon as you can safely do so, you should:
- Take multiple photos and videos of the damaged property, including your home, outbuildings like garages and sheds, and personal belongings
- Protect your property: Take steps to protect your property from further damage. This may include covering broken windows, tarping damaged roofs, and boarding up damaged walls or doors
- Secure your property: Secure your property by locking doors and windows and remove any valuables to a safe place.
- Seek assistance from an experienced claim lawyer to review your homeowner’s insurance policy and submit a claim
How a Skilled Tornado Damage Lawyer Can Help Your Claim
Even though homeowners insurance usually covers tornadoes, many Floridians encounter denials of their tornado insurance claims. An insurance company may dispute the cause of the property damage or significantly undervalue repair costs. Working with experienced insurance claim lawyers can help protect your rights and get you a better settlement offer.
EC Law Counsel will:
- Take care of the entire claim process, including negotiating with your insurer
- Help you avoid mistakes that may damage your claim
- Work to speed up the claim process
- Improve your chances of recovering a maximum fair settlement
EC Law Counsel: Trusted Tornado Damage Lawyers in Southeast and Southwest Florida
Did your property suffer tornado damage? Have you run into difficulties in your insurance claim process? Waste no time — contact an experienced property insurance attorney today.
EC Law Counsel has recovered millions of dollars for clients in Southeast and Southwest Florida in over a decade of handling property damage claims. Our law firm can protect your rights throughout the tornado damage claim process and work to help you recover the highest possible settlement.
For a free consultation with a tornado damage lawyer, call (954) 861-0833 or fill out our online form.