Flood Damage Lawyer
Abundant rains, tropical storms, and flat terrain sometimes make the Sunshine State seem more like the Flood State. Hundreds of thousands of Floridians live in flood-prone areas, many without adequate insurance coverage.
As a flood claim lawyer we specialize in handling legal issues relating to flood insurance claims. This involves helping policyholders file a claim with their insurance company, negotiating a settlement on behalf of the policyholder, or representing the policyholder in a lawsuit if the insurance company denies the claim or offers an inadequate settlement. We will also advise policyholders on their rights and options under their flood insurance policies and help them understand the claims process.
However, even if you have a flood insurance policy, you may run into problems when you file a damage claim. Call EC Law Counsel at (954) 861-0833 for a free consultation with a flood damage lawyer serving Southeast and Southwest Florida.
Who Covers Flood Damage Costs in Florida?
Here’s a fact every property owner in Florida should know: Neither standard homeowners’ insurance nor hurricane insurance provides coverage against flood damage. To get flood coverage, homeowners need to purchase a flood policy.
Moreover, even flood policies won’t pay for all damages. A typical flood insurance policy will cover up to $250,000 of structural damage and up to $100,000 for personal property damage. Policy coverage usually excludes:
- Property stored in basements
- Swimming pools
- Landscape structures like decks and patios
- Cars and boats
- Precious metals, currency, and stock certificates
- Rent that the homeowners pay while their property is under repair
Filing a Damage Claim After a Natural Disaster
If a flood reaches your home, call us as soon as you get to safety and so that we can notify your insurance company of the event. The length of time that an insurance company has to resolve a flood claim can vary depending on the specific circumstances of the claim and the terms of the insurance policy. In general, insurance companies are required to act in good faith and to handle claims promptly and fairly. However, the claims process can be complex, and it may take some time to complete a thorough investigation and determine the amount of damages and the appropriate settlement amount.
Generally, after receiving your notice, the insurer usually has:
- 14 days to acknowledge your claim
- 30 days to approve or deny your claim
- 90 days to resolve your claim
Why Choose EC Law Counsel as Your Flood Damage Lawyer
Homeowners who purchase a flood insurance policy may assume their insurer will step up and offer a reasonable settlement after their property sustains flood damage. Unfortunately, many insurance companies act in bad faith. If your insurer unlawfully denies, downplays, or delays your claim, you need an experienced flood damage lawyer.
Homeowners in Southeast and Southwest Florida choose EC Law Counsel for:
- Experience. For over a decade, our law firm has helped homeowners get fair settlement offers with minimum time and hassle.
- Industry practice. Our legal team includes former claims clerks and independent and public insurance adjusters. We know how flood damage claims work and how to protect your rights throughout the claim process.
- Dedicated service. We will do everything possible to forward your claim and help you receive a payout quickly.
- Personal approach. As a boutique law firm, we handle a limited number of claims to be able to give each client our full attention.
EC Law Counsel: Reliable Legal Support for Your Flood Damage Claim in Southeast and Southwest Florida
Did your Florida home suffer damage in a flood? Has your insurance company denied your claim or made you a settlement offer that only covers a small part of the flood damage? Call EC Law Counsel. In the past 11 years, our dedicated, experienced legal team has successfully resolved many flood damage claims, including old and denied claims.
If you have a flood insurance policy and are considering hiring a flood claim lawyer to speak with an attorney who has experience handling flood insurance claims in your area. Call (954) 861-0833 or contact us online to consult a flood damage lawyer in Southeast and Southwest Florida. You may also call that same number in flood emergency cases.