Auto Accident Attorney in Florida
Traffic accidents are stressful enough without having to face the insurance adjusters. Don’t go it alone. Let us take care of the legal legwork and negotiate with the insurance company while you focus on your recovery.
At EC Law Counsel, we have assisted auto accident victims with insurance claims for over a decade. We are based in Hollywood, FL, and serve clients throughout Southeast and Southwest Florida. Call (954) 861-0833 or contact us online for a free consultation with an auto accident lawyer from our team.
How Does Auto Insurance Work in Florida?
Florida is a no-fault state. This means that you must first tap into your personal injury protection (PIP) insurance after a traffic accident to cover your medical expenses, regardless of who was at fault. PIP covers:
- 80% of reasonable medical expenses for covered accident injuries
- 60% of wages you lost as a result of the accident
- Death benefits
If your PIP isn’t enough to cover your losses, you may have to file a claim against the other driver’s insurance or initiate a personal injury lawsuit.
Why Hire a Florida Auto Accident Lawyer?
The insurance company will likely try to minimize your payout or avoid making one altogether. Working with an auto accident attorney from our team may improve your chances of recovering compensation. We can help you by:
- Investigating the accident
- Preparing and filing your insurance accident claim
- Proving your damages
- Negotiating with the insurance company
- If necessary, filing a personal injury lawsuit and representing you in court
What Compensation Is Available After Auto Accidents in Florida?
Depending on your losses, you may be able to seek compensation for financial and non-financial damages, including:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Past and future lost income
- Wrongful death
- Property damage to your vehicle or other items
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
What To Do After an Auto Accident in Florida
After an auto accident, do the following:
- Remove yourself and others from oncoming traffic.
- Call 911 immediately to report the accident.
- Exchange personal and insurance information with the other driver.
- Take photos and videos of the scene, the vehicles, and their license plates.
- Seek immediate medical attention, even if you feel fine.
Things not to do after a traffic accident include:
- Don’t provide a statement to your insurance company before speaking to one of our auto accident lawyers.
- Don’t agree to a personal payoff or leaving the police out of the accident.
Talk to a Florida Auto Accident Lawyer Today
At EC Law Counsel, we aren’t just another law firm. Our team members have worked as insurance adjusters, claims clerks, and underwriters.
We know how the industry works from the inside and have experience handling accident victim claims with all major and local insurers in Hollywood, FL, and throughout Florida.
Call (954) 861-0833 or contact us online for a free consultation with our auto insurance lawyers.